Article 1. Privacy statement notice
- This privacy statement explains how we deal with privacy.
- We are responsible for processing your personal data gathered through our website. Our contact details: Controller - Formal company name: Booking Experts B.V. - Chamber of Commerce number: 55796850 - Address: Pantheon 28, Enschede The Netherlands - Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org - Telephone number: +31 88 - 11 68 901
- We respect and protect your personal data. We are committed to ensure that all personal data provided to us is treated confidentially and used, stored and managed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- All users and visitors of our website give us permission to include their personal data in an automated file and to use it for purposes as described in article 2.
- The basis for the processing of personal data is: our legitimate interest (marketing and improvement), comply with a legal duty and your explicit consent.
Article 2. Basis information processing
- If you provide us your personal data (which can be used to identify someone), we guarantee we use this data primary for the purpose of:
- Maintaining the website(s).
- Designing the website(s).
- Presenting the website(s) in a personalized way.
- To inform you about changes in policy, documents and our services.
- To understand your needs better (whether or not through cookies) and thereby being able to evaluate our company, our services, website, software and security so we can improve these concerns.
- For commercial purposes, including sending personal newsletters.
- Performing (demographic and statistical) research on an anonymous basis.
- Secure and protect our business operations and to identify fraud, unauthorized activities, claims and other liabilities.
- Management and maintenance of our information systems.
- Public communication, including the visibility of reviews.
Article 3. Categories collected personal data
The categories of collected personal data can be different by country and by applicable law.
- Name and contact data: We collect your first- and last name, email address and similar contact information.
- Other contact information: We will gather other information only if you provide this yourself, for example, salutation and gender.
- References: We gather referring websites and profile ID’s, passwords, password hints and similar security information used for authentication and access to the account.
- Device and usage data: We collect data about your device, such as IP-address, internet browser, device type, device ID’s, login and logout data, regional and language settings and how you interact with our websites, services and products. This data also includes information about the operating systems and other software installed on your device, including product codes.
- Support data: If you ask for assistance we gather information about you, the service purchased and other details that are relevant to support requests. This concerns data such as contact or authentication data, feedback and reviews, the content of previous communication with our customer service, information about the website/service at the time of the error and during the diagnosis, as well as transport data.
- Location data: We collect inaccurate data about your location. Inaccurate location data includes location data or data derived from your IP address that indicates with less precision where you are located, like the level of a city or zip code.
- Messages: We collect content from messages that you sent to us, such as feedback and reviews you have written, or questions and information you have provided when requesting customer support. When you contact us, for example our customer service, telephone conversations or chat sessions with our employees can be recorded and monitored.
- Preferences: We gather information about the preferences you have entered as well as preferences based on your user profile.
Article 4. View, change or delete personal data
- We always try to keep your data correct and up-to-date. You have the right to view your personal data we have processed. You also have the right to request changes or removal of your personal data.
- In case you have an account, you can always request your personal data by using your login credentials. You will always have the right to change your personal data and/or remove data that is incorrect.
- If you are under the age of 18, you can’t register an account.
- If you no longer wish to receive our marketing letters, you can request us to do so by email or use the opt-out link at the bottom of the newsletter.
- To use your rights, file a complaint or submit a request for information about our privacy practices, you can contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- We might ask you to identify yourself. Therefore we might request a copy of your identity card / passport or other means to identify your identity. Hereby we request you to mask your citizen service number and photo. We will respond to your request within four weeks.
- In case you have a request for the second time within 6 months we might charge you € 75,- per request.
Article 5. Third parties
- We will not sell or provide your personal data to third parties, without your explicit consent, unless we are obliged to do so by law or in case this data is necessary due to, for example, an acquisition and/or merger in which we are involved.
- We share personal data with third parties that perform services on our behalf. We work with third parties to host our websites, execute certain functions, sending emails, conduct customer surveys, authorize and process payments, manage and analyze data and measuring the effectiveness of our advertisement campaigns. These third parties are not allowed to use the data for their own purposes.
- Links to third-party websites are displayed only for your convenience. If you use these websites, you will leave our website. We haven’t checked (all) of these websites and we have no responsibility for these websites. If you decide to visit a third-party website that is linked from this site, you do entirely at your own risk.
- We may transfer and retain the information we collect about you in other countries than the country in which the data was gathered, including the United States and other areas outside the European Union (EU), in accordance with the applicable legislation.
- Cookies are placed on our website which are provided by the US based company Google as part of the “Analytics” service. We use this service to build reports on how visitors use our website. Google can provide this information to third parties in case Google is legally obliged to do so or in case the third parties process data for Google. We have no control over this. More information can be found in the privacy statement of Google which is available on the website of Google.
Article 6. Security
- We do our utmost to process your data securely. Our goal is to prevent unauthorized access to data or disclosure of data, maintaining the accuracy of data and to ensure the correct use of the data. Therefore we have implemented physical, electronic and organizational management measures to protect and secure the data we have gathered online. We make use of encryption on our websites and applications, including SSL encryption when exchanging data between your computer and our servers.
- We can’t guarantee the effectiveness of such security measures and nothing in this policy may be construed as an explicit or implied warranty against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- Service providers that may have access to your information on our behalf are contractually obliged to hold such information in confidence, implement adequate data protection measures and may not use this information for other purposes.
Article 7. Suspicion of abuse
- We reserve the right to act proactively as well as corrective in case we suspect abuse. This means we have the right to store all information from and about the visitors and users to use this information as evidence of abuse. We also have the right to request more data from third parties in case we have well-founded evidence of abuse. In case of sufficient evidence we may take appropriate measures, like excluding access to the website or services and/or report to the police and other relevant authorities.
Article 8. Storage period
- We keep your information for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which we gather the information, except as otherwise required by law.
- Data from visitors of this website are processed anonymously and stored by Google Analytics.
- Visitors data from the website is stored in the log files of the servers. This data will be deleted after 90 days.
- Data from people who have created an account on our website or who have subscribed to the newsletter are stored until the moment of termination of the account or deregistration from the newsletter.
- Data that is needed for financial settlement of agreements is stored for 7 years.
Article 9. Changing the privacy statement
- We have the right to change this privacy statement. These changes are applied directly on our website and you will be notified by email. We are not responsible for any damage that is caused by changing this privacy statement.
- This privacy statement is effective as of june 15th 2018 and replaces all previous versions.
Article 10. Complaints
- In case you think that this privacy statement is not honored by us and/or our services or you have other reasons to file a complaint about the processing of data you should contact our management.
- If you have complaints about the processing of your personal data you have the right to submit a complaint at the authority for personal data.
For questions regarding this privacy statement, the website or Booking Experts, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.